October Shadows VII exhibition


Creature Feature's annual Halloween show 'October Shadows' is now open! I had a great time at the opening reception on Saturday.


This is the shows seventh year. Curator Stephanie Anne Joens has brought together an eclectic mix of 2D and 3D work from a diverse range of artists. Previous artists exhibiting here have included Rick Baker, Bruce Timm and Dan Brereton.


I have two pieces of work in the show, both inspired by old witch films. I'll also be sharing them on my facebook page as part of my 'Week of Witches' which begins next week.



Although there's tons of great work on display, the stand out piece for me was the amazing life size Witch Hazel model.
I was also happy to see Abbybelle's work on display. I first came across her work at Monsterpalooza (where she had the cutest Creature from the Black Lagoon models) and it fits perfectly with the Halloween nostalgia theme of the exhibition: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Abbybelle#

There's a wonderful variety of work on display, so get along to it if you can.
The show runs until 2nd November.

Creature Features at 2904 W Magnolia Blvd, Burbank, CA 91505.


Comments