Posta di Donna




I recently did an illustration of a woman with a longsword. The painting was based on a character from a comic book idea I've had floating around in my head for a while which I know I won't get to explore for a long time because I've got a full slate of projects.  But, this particular character was haunting me so I decided to do a little painting of her. 

I do martial arts and I've previously had the good fortune to train in longsword at the Hotspur School of Defence (I need to get back to training it again, it's amazing!).  So, I posed her in one of my favourite guards, Posta di Donna (Guard of the Woman) also known as 'Guard of Wrath' in German schools.
This illustration is now available on t-shirts, sweatshirts and vest tops through the wonderful Esfinges store. Esfinges is the first female international HEMA network, created to unite and support women martial artists, and to encourage and assist more women to take up the practice of Historical European Martial Arts.
Thanks to Claudia Krause for making it happen and thanks to the Esfinges network for being such a great supportive group for women martial artists.
Check out their store here, and their facebook page (which is open to men and women)

Comments